You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Kos Town / Starting Point
Kos Town is handsome harbor community, fronted by a superb medieval castle and somehow squeezed amid a mind-blowing array of ancient ruins from the Greek, Roman and Byzantine eras.
Eleftherias Square, the main social gathering place of Kos and a good spot to start your tour of the town.
Asklepion is probably the major attraction of Kos Island. According to ancient Greek mythology, Asclepius was the god of medicine and healing.
The Ancient Agora of Kos
The ancient Agora of Kos, one of the largest of its kind excavated in Greece, is among the most important sights on the island.
Kos Town / Starting Point
The Ancient Agora of Kos
Ancient House - Hippocrates Garden
About the ride
After picking you up from your hotel or apartment in Kos, your English-speaking driver will share with you his local knowledge as well as personal recommendations in each area. Your driver will also suggest photo stops of important landmarks along the way, however, you may also choose where and for how long you wish to stop at each place.
Your driver will take you to the stops on your itinerary. These can include:
- Hippocrates Tree, Hippocrates Garden. Here, the ancient Greek physician and father of medicine Hippocrates was born and later practiced his medicine. Located in Mastichari, this location has both ancient ruins and beautiful flora and fauna. Many of the plants have different healing properties.
- Asklepion, the ancient runes of a temple of healing in honor of the Greek God Asclepius. This is the first medical centre of the island, dating back to 420 BC.
- Eleftherias Square, the central square of Kos with several restaurants and museums.
- Paleo Pili, offering a beautiful view of the surrounding area. Travel through the forest and climb up the old castle for an amazing view of the island Kos.
- Ancient Agora, in the middle of Kos. With free entrance, explore the original ruins of the first town laid out in blocks. Within the Agora lie the Shrine of Aphrodite, Temple of Hercules and a Christian basilica.
- Antimachia Castle, a magnificent fortress built by the Knights of St. John in the 14th century. With a clear view of the surrounding country as well as the Turkish coast, the double-fortified castle offers magnificent sight-seeing -- for its original purpose, and for yours.
At the end of your 4-hour Kos Highlights tour, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment. Alternatively, you may choose to be dropped off at the Acropolis and spend however long you wish exploring the area.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free wifi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any specific questions regarding your booking.
What is the cancellation policy?
100% cancellation penalty applies when service is cancelled 24 hours or less prior to service delivery date or in case of no-show.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Do I need to be in a good physical shape?
The drivers are trained to adapt the experience depending on the type of participants. Whether you have kids or elders participating, the drivers know exactly how to handle special requests and provide an enjoyable experience accordingly.