You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
The Parliament building, the third largest parliament building in the world (just over 100 years old), is a magnificent example of Neo-Gothic architecture.
St. Stephen's Basilica
The largest church in Budapest it's dedicated to Hungary’s first king St. Stephen, was built over half a century and completed in 1905.
Completed in 1849, this bridge was the first to be built across the Hungarian section of the Danube and is now considered to be one of the city's major landmarks.
Castle district that sits on top of the Castle Hill, is the historical palace complex of the Hungarian kings in Budapest and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
St. Stephen's Basilica
About the ride
Budapest, the capital city of Hungary, and a UNESCO world heritage site is a city full of surprises and wonder. On this 2-hour tour, visit its lively center, pretty parks, majestic river, tall church spires, and lavish spas. After picking you up from your hotel or apartment, the English-speaking driver will share his local knowledge with you as well as personal recommendations in each area. He or she will suggest photo stops of important landmarks along the way but keep in mind that places of visit are freely adjustable.
Your personal driver will act as your local guide through the wonders of this beautiful city, the Pearl of the Danube. Let him introduce you to the city's hidden gems and share the necessary historical facts of the places so to immerse you to the city's lifestyle and rhythm! The itinerary can include:
- 1Hungarian Parliament, a majestic piece of architecture that will take your breath away, do not miss the chance to take memorable photos of it.
- 2St. Stephen's Basilica, a Neoclassical basilica named after the first King of Hungary.
- 3Chain Bridge, a world-famous bridge build in the 19th century.
- 4Castle Hill, the massive palace of the former Hungarian Kings overlooks the Danube river. An iconic masterpiece of Baroque architecture.
- 5Citadel, a fortification offering great panoramic views of the city and also a Unesco world heritage site.
- 6Heroes Square, a triumphant monument built on a hill overlooking the city.
- Fisherman's Bastion, a sprawling fairy-tale structure with lookout towers offering a panoramic view of night-time Budapest.
At the end of your Budapest tour, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any questions regarding your booking.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours prior to service delivery.
In case of cancellation in less than 24 hours prior to service delivery or in case of no-show, the total amount of service is charged.
Good to know?
Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes since certain areas may have uneven or rocky ground.
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be equipped with wet weather gear if rain is expected. Please note that religious sites require modest attire- knees and shoulders must be covered.
In the summer months, we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself. Also, be sure to drink enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (Hungarian Forint) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Budapest
Budapest by Night Tour
Fall in love with Budapest on a personalized evening tour of its illuminated landmarks and most famous sites
Half-Day Sightseeing in Budapest
Explore Budapest’s most popular historical sites and landmarks on a personalized sightseeing ride.
Day Trip From Budapest to Székesfehérvár
Discover the beauty of the old Székesfehérvár town, visit its main sights, and get familiar with the Hungarian culture.