You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Hősök tere is one of the major squares in Budapest, noted for its iconic statue complex featuring the Seven chieftains of the Magyars .
State Opera House
Originally known as the Hungarian Royal Opera House, it was designed by Miklós Ybl, a major figure of 19th-century Hungarian architecture.
The Parliament building, the third largest parliament building in the world (just over 100 years old), is a magnificent example of Neo-Gothic architecture.
St. Stephen’s Basilica
The largest church in Budapest it's dedicated to Hungary’s first king St. Stephen, was built over half a century and completed in 1905.
State Opera House
St. Stephen’s Basilica
About the ride
After the sun has set, you will be picked up directly from your accommodation by your Welcome driver, and taken on your tailor-made journey through the highlights of Budapest in the romantic setting of night. Although your tour is completely customizable, and points of interest can be added or taken away, the following itinerary is one we suggest to use as a base:
- Buda Castle, the massive palace of the former Hungarian Kings overlooks the Danube river. An iconic masterpiece of Baroque architecture.
- St. Stephen's Basilica, a Neoclassical basilica named after the first King of Hungary.
- Fisherman's Bastion, a sprawling fairy-tale structure with lookout towers offering a panoramic view of night-time Budapest.
- Citadella, a triumphant monument built on a hill overlooking the city.
- State Opera House, Hungary's national opera house
- Szechenyi Chain Bridge, a world-famous bridge gloriously lit up at night.
- Heroes Square, a major monument of soaring arches and bronze-cast statues. Visit this famous square and see the lights come alive at night.
- Central Market Hall. Located near the famous Váci utca shopping street, this massive indoor hall bursts with light and life and features famous stores and local vendors alike.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free wifi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Official tour guide (if you like, you can include one after the booking)
- Money for local vendors and activities
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any specific questions regarding your booking.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course! That is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed. However, we believe the "Budapest by Night" experience does not need a tour guide to be fully enjoyed.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (Hungarian forint) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Budapest
The Best of Budapest in 1 Hour
Discover the most beautiful places in Budapest in the most comfortable way with the local insights from your Welcome Driver.
The Best of Budapest in 2 Hours
Discover the best landmarks and historical sites of Budapest on a personalized tour with your Welcome Driver.
Half-Day Sightseeing in Budapest
Explore Budapest’s most popular historical sites and landmarks on a personalized sightseeing ride.