You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Paris / Starting Point
Your Welcome driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Paris at a convenient time of your choice.
Stroll around the gothic town of Reims and admire the Notre-Dame de Reims, one of Europe's most important Gothic structures and a World Heritage site.
Wine tasting at Châlons-en-Champagne
Discover France famous Champagne Region, admire endless farms and taste local champagne and wines.
Moët & Chandon House
Moët et Chandon is one of the world's largest champagne producers and a prominent champagne house.
Paris / Starting Point
Wine tasting at Châlons-en-Champagne
Moët & Chandon House
About the ride
Explore the historical province of Champagne, and visit some of the most popular vineyards there, all from the comfort of your own private car. During this relaxing experience, you will discover the most beautiful vineyards, hillsides, and cellars, some of which are in the UNESCO world heritage list. This personal tour is even more special because you can customize every aspect of it and explore the Champagne region in your own way.
On the day of the trip, you will be picked up directly from your accommodation and will be given the complete tour in an air-conditioned, spacious car. All Welcome vehicles are equipped with Wi-Fi, water and light snacks, to ensure you stay hydrated and comfortable during the tour. Also, we give you the opportunity to taste delicious wines or food in some of the prettiest parts of the Champagne region. Upon your request, any other historic or cultural site might be visited too. At each stop, your friendly driver will answer all the questions you may have, share local knowledge and more tips about each destination.
Discover French vineyards, receive the best information, taste delicious wines, and create life-long memories on your 8-hour tour to Champagne.
Your personal driver will take you through the picturesque Champagne to the vineyards of the largest champagne producer Moët & Chardon. It is located 30 km from the small town of Reims, known as the center of champagne - white sparkling wine - production. If you choose to stop here, you will have a chance to visit Reims Cathedral, the old architectural masterpiece, included in the UNESCO world heritage list, where many Kings of France were crowned.
Since it is a personal tour, you can freely adjust which wineries to visit. Besides Moët & Chandon, we suggest keeping in mind the following ones:
- Billecart-Salmon, the champagne house founded 200 years ago with the marriage of Nicola Francois Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon. The winery is among the few that is still run by a family. The sixth generation of experienced wine producers supplies Billecart-Salmon champagne all over the world, including Michelin-starred restaurants and luxury hotels.
- Ruinart, the first house of champagne establishes in the town of Reims, 1729, by Nicolas Ruinart. This brand of champagne is known not only for the one-of-a-kind taste of champagne but also for their uniquely-shaped bottles.
- Krug, the champagne house founded by Joseph Krug 170 years ago. Located in the heart of Reims, recently renovated winery offers luxury and authentic champagne tastings, with outstanding food prepared by the three-starred Michelin chef. It is even possible to get a special musical pairing next to your glass of champagne.
Whichever winery you choose you will learn about the secrets of winemaking that are inherent to the Champagne region. Once you have finished your last drops of delicious wine, your driver will pick you up and return you to your accommodation or port, concluding your ‘Day trip to Champagne wine region’ with Welcome.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free WiFi on-board
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Entrance fees for Historical Monuments
- Entrance fees for vineyards, wineries, and tastings
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive an email with more details about the Santorini History and Wine Tasting Experience tour, your Welcome driver, and any more information you need to know regarding this experience. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions regarding the experience.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of a visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in-depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Do I need to be in a good physical shape?
The drivers are trained to adapt the experience depending on the type of participants. Whether you have kids or elders participating, the drivers know exactly how to handle special requests and provide an enjoyable experience accordingly.
Dress Modestly for Religious Monuments
When visiting religious monuments please dress modestly, or bring extra layers to cover up at that particular point of the tour.
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes since certain areas may have uneven or rocky ground.
Bring cash in the form of local currency (Euros), as many of the local vendors don’t accept card payments.
Accesibility & Special Neds
Please let us know if anyone in your group has special needs or specific accessibility requirements, and we will be sure to accommodate your needs and tailor the tour accordingly.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Paris
The Best of Paris in 2 Hours
Visit all the best attractions of Paris in just 2 hours with the insights of your local driver.
Versailles: Private Two-Way Transfer
Enjoy a hassle-free round-trip transfer by luxury vehicle from your Paris accommodation and spend a day like a royal with your family or friends!
Disneyland Paris: Private Two- way Transfer
Enjoy a hassle-free round-trip transfer by luxury vehicle from your Paris accommodation and spend a magical day with your family or friends!