You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Avenida dos Aliados
The imposing Avenida dos Aliados is the heart of the city, a sloping boulevard lined with grand buildings and a central promenade.
Praça da Liberdade (Liberdade Square) is the most important square in Porto. It connects the old town with the modern part of the city and comes alive especially at night.
A baroque church with its tall bell tower, the Torre dos Clérigos, can be seen from various points of the city and is one of its most characteristic symbols.
Ribeira & Foz
Choose one of the most alive neighborhoods of Porto at night and walk the colorful winding streets of Porto's Ribeira or Foz near the Douro river. Spend some time having a drink or dinner after the recommendations from your local driver.
Avenida dos Aliados
Ribeira & Foz
Luis I Bridge
Serra do Pilar
About the ride
See all the iconic historical sites in a whole new light and in the comfort of your own private car. This romantic, luxury experience not only allows you to see the main landmarks of the city by night, but your English-speaking driver will also introduce you to some of Porto's hidden gems known only to the locals.
After the sun has set, you will be picked up directly from your accommodation by your Welcome driver, and taken on your tailor-made journey through the highlights of the city in the romantic setting of night. Although your tour is completely customizable, and points of interest can be added or taken away, the following itinerary is one we suggest to use as a base.
- Avenida dos Aliados: Avenida dos Aliados is generally regarded as Porto's city center and is, as such, the most grandiose avenue. Flanked by ornate buildings in a range of architectural styles, from neoclassical to French Beaux-arts, this avenue was built to impress.
- Liberdade Square: At the foot of the Porto's grandest street is the busy square of Praça da Liberdade. This end is dominated by the imposing Neoclassical façade of an 18th-century convent, the Palácio das Cardosas. The oldest building in the square the convent is now the upmarket InterContinental Porto hotel.
- Clerigos Church: One of the most emblematic monuments of the city the Clerigos Church stands at 75 meters tall. It was designed by Nicolau Nasoni, the Italian architect who left a strong artistic print on Porto since he also contributed, at least in part, to the design of sundry other landmarks of the city, such as the Porto Cathedral, the Church of Mercy.
- Ribeira & Foz: For ages, Ribeira and Foz fulfilled locals desires when night came. Have a drink or dinner and enjoy panoramic views of the illuminated city from Riberia.
- Luis I Bridge: Crossing the Duro river, Luis I Bridge is connecting the two sides of Porto. The sight of the bridge illuminated at night is a thing to remember from your trip at Porto.
- Serra do Pilar: This 16th-century former convent is now a military barracks. Cross the bridge Luis I and get a breathtaking view over the city walls.
At the end of your 3-hour Porto Sightseeing ride, continue to enjoy the evening independently or your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with the English-speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- Water and Snacks
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance fees for all attractions
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions regarding your booking.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience focuses on the local’s perspective. The drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of the visit but they cannot be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in-depth information regarding historical facts and information. If you like to include an official tour guide in the experience, please, let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always