You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Combine your relaxing stay in the city with a walk near the Thermaikos Gulf and marvel Thessaloniki's greatness from the depths of the sea as the sun sets.
The White Tower is far the most popular monument of Thessaloniki and the symbol of the city because of its prominent position and imposing architecture.
Aristotelous Square is the beating heart of Thessaloniki. Lined with shops, restaurants, bars and hotels, it's the perfect place to get a feeling for the pace of life in Thessaloniki.
Ladadika is perhaps the most popular area of Thessaloniki and one of the hotspots when it comes to nightlife and food. Bars, bistros, clubs, and restaurants are lined up, offering authentic greek entertainment.
Ano Poli (Upper Town)
About the ride
See all the iconic historical sites in a whole new light and in the comfort of your own private car. This romantic, luxury experience not only allows you to see the main landmarks of the city by night, but your English-speaking driver will also introduce you to some of Thessaloniki's hidden gems known only to the locals.
After the sun has set, you will be picked up directly from your accommodation by your Welcome driver, and taken on your tailor-made journey through the highlights of the city in the romantic setting of night. Although your tour is completely customizable, and points of interest can be added or taken away, the following itinerary is one we suggest to use as a base.
- White Tower, the most famous sight of the city, the White Tower is considered the symbol of Thessaloniki. Located close to the Thermaicos Gulf is the perfect spot to take memorable night photos.
- Aristotelous Square, the biggest and most impressive square in the whole of Northern Greece comes alive at night. This beautiful display of architecture was completely redesigned and rebuilt after the devastating fire in 1917 and is now the home to many monumental, luxury mansions. From here you can take a stroll quick stroll down Nikis Avenue across the seafront, where you will find many lovely cafés and restaurants to enjoy your authentic Greek lunch.
- Thermaikos Gulf, the Gulf is probably one of the most beautiful areas in the city, and there are many sunset boat tours for you to enjoy here after your Welcome tour has ended. After you’ve finished gazing out across the sparkling waters, simply turn around to see some of the most amazing panoramic views of the city.
- Ano Poli (Upper Town), Here you can find both the Rotonda and the Triumphal Arch of Galerius. This is the perfect stop to get out your cameras and take some snaps of the most iconic historical monuments in Thessaloniki with a panoramic view of the whole city.
- Ladadika, the absolute night destination in Thessaloniki. With a history dating back to the 1930s the Ladadika district comes alive at night. Take a walk to the historic neighborhood and enjoy greek traditional food with live Greek music, or spend your time having a drink to one of the most upscale bars in Thessaloniki after the recommendations of your Welcome driver.
- Nauarinou Square, the second largest and central square of Thessaloniki is one of the most popular meeting points of the city. It is located close to a very famous complex of Roman era buildings (Galerius Palace, Rotunda, Galerius Arch and Hippodrome) that was built during the times Galerius was one of the co-emperors of the Tetrarch of Thessaloniki (late 3rd AC century).
At the end of your 3-hour Thessaloniki Sightseeing ride, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any specific questions regarding your booking.
What is the cancellation policy?
100% cancellation penalty applies when service is cancelled 24 hours or less prior to service delivery date or in case of no-show.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Good to know?
Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Thessaloniki
The Best of Thessaloniki in 2 Hours
Discover the best landmarks and historical sights of Thessaloniki on a personalised tour with your local driver in just 2 hours.
Half-Day Sightseeing in Thessaloniki
Spend half a day exploring Thessaloniki’s most popular historical sites and landmarks, on a personalized tour with your own driver.
Following The Footsteps of Alexander The Great - One Day Sightseeing Ride
Spend a day immersing yourself into the history of Alexander the Great and exploring the beautiful Macedonian region (Pella, Edessa and Vergina).