You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Aristotelous Square is the beating heart of Thessaloniki. Lined with shops, restaurants, bars and hotels, it's the perfect place to get a feeling for the pace of life in Thessaloniki.
The White Tower is far the most popular monument of Thessaloniki and the symbol of the city because of its prominent position and imposing architecture.
Combine your relaxing stay in the city with a walk near the Thermaikos Gulf and marvel Thessaloniki's greatness from the depths of the sea.
Rotonda - Arch of galleries
Built by the Romans , Galerius Arch (kamara) and Rotunda were basic elements of the palatial complex.
Rotonda - Arch of galleries
Ano Poli (Upper Town)
About the ride
Make the most out of your stay in Thessaloniki and admire the most popular attractions from the comfort of your own private car.
On the day of the ride, an English-speaking Welcome Driver will pick you up from your accommodation and take you to all your planned stops in a spacious and comfortable sedan. Each Welcome vehicle is equipped with wifi, air conditioning, water, and light snacks to ensure an enjoyable ride between each stop throughout the day.
Your driver will take you to the stops on your itinerary. These can include:
- White Tower, the most famous sight of the city, the White Tower is considered the symbol of Thessaloniki. Located close to the Thermaicos Gulf is the perfect spot to take memorable photos of your visit in Thessaloniki
- Aristotelous Square, the biggest and most impressive square in the whole of Northern Greece. This beautiful display of architecture was completely redesigned and rebuilt after the devastating fire in 1917 and is now the home to many monumental, luxury mansions. From here you can take a stroll quick stroll down Nikis Avenue across the seafront, where you will find many lovely cafés and restaurants to enjoy your authentic Greek lunch.
- Thermaikos Gulf, the Gulf is probably one of the most beautiful areas in the city, and there are many sunset boat tours for you to enjoy hereafter your Welcome ride has ended. After you’ve finished gazing out across the sparkling waters, simply turn around to see some of the most amazing panoramic views of the city.
- Ano Poli (Upper Town), here you can find both the Rotonda and the Triumphal Arch of Galerius. This is the perfect stop to get out your cameras and take some snaps of the most iconic historical monuments in Thessaloniki with a panoramic view of the whole city.
- Ladadika, the absolute night destination in Thessaloniki is also alive during the day. With a history dating back to the 1930s, the Ladadika district comes deserves to be discovered with a walk to this historic neighborhood. It locates near the Port of Thessaloniki and for centuries was one of the most important marketplaces of the city. Its name came about from the many olive oil shops in the area. Many Jews of the city were living there, while the so-called "Frankish district", with the French/Italian merchants and residents, was located beside. There you can enjoy greek traditional food with live Greek music.
At the end of your 2-hour Thessaloniki Sightseeing ride, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free wifi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions regarding your booking.
What is the cancellation policy?
100% cancellation penalty applies when service is cancelled 24 hours or less prior to service delivery date or in case of no-show.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be equipped with wet weather gear if rain is expected. Please note that religious sites require modest attire- knees and shoulders must be covered.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
- Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki by Night
Fall in love with Thessaloniki on a personalised evening ride of its illuminated landmarks and most lively neighbourhoods.
Half-Day Sightseeing in Thessaloniki
Spend half a day exploring Thessaloniki’s most popular historical sites and landmarks, on a personalized ride with your own driver.
Following The Footsteps of Alexander The Great - One Day Sightseeing Ride
Spend a day immersing yourself into the history of Alexander the Great and exploring the beautiful Macedonian region (Pella, Edessa and Vergina).