You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Admire the Herodes Atticus Odeon and the fabulously illuminated Acropolis Museum walking through Dionysiou Areopagitou street at night.
The Hellenic Parliament is located in the Old Royal Palace, overlooking Syntagma Square in Athens.
The three indisputable jewels of Athenian neoclassical architecture: The University of Athens, the Academy, and the National Library.
In the heart of the Athens center, Monastiraki Square is a unique blend of styles, eras and cultures, lively and always dynamic.
About the ride
After the sun has set, you will be picked up directly from your accommodation by your Welcome driver, and taken on your tailor-made journey through the highlights of Athens in the romantic setting of night. Although your tour is completely customizable, and points of interest can be added or taken away, the following itinerary is one we suggest to use as a base:
- The Lycabettus Hill, the highest hilltop of modern Athens. With a breathtaking view of the city, you have the option to view the sunset and the night panorama of Athens.
- At the foot of the Acropolis are various attractions and ruins as well as the Acropolis hill, famously lit up at night.
- The Constitution Square (Syntagma square) is full of life and beautifully illuminated at night.
- The "Athens Trilogy" (Academy, University, Library of Athens), a series of 19th-century neoclassical buildings still being used in modern Athenian society.
- The City Centre, where the driver will have much local knowledge to share.
- The vibrant night streets of Monastiraki and Plaka are full of sumptuous views, local vendors, and authentic restaurants for you to enjoy.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoffWell-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free wifi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Money for local vendors and activities
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive a confirmation email. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any specific questions regarding your booking.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course! That is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed. However, we believe the "Athens by Night" experience does not need a tour guide to be fully enjoyed.
Do I need to be in a good physical shape?
The drivers are trained to adapt the experience depending on the type of participants. Whether you have kids or elders participating, the drivers know exactly how to handle special requests and provide an enjoyable experience accordingly.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes.
ACCESSIBILITY & SPECIAL NEEDS
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Athens
The Best of Athens in 2 Hours
Discover the best landmarks and historical sights of Athens on a personalized tour with your local driver.
Half-day Trip from Athens to Cape Sounion
Take a break from the city center and spend a few hours exploring the beautiful Athenian coastline, Cape Sounion and the majestic Temple of Poseidon
Half-Day Athens Sightseeing Tour with Food Tasting
The most popular Athens tour and the best way to discover the most of Athens. Includes optional Free Greek Products & Olive Oil Tasting.