Joao was perfect!!! We tasted traditional Portuguese wines and food after his recommendations! The favorite part of the tour was the Alfama neighborhood.
You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Avenida da Liberdade
Lisbon’s main boulevard and the location for designer shops, expensive restaurants, and trendy bars. Two central plazas contain charming water features and grand statues along the way.
São Jorge Castle
São Jorge Castle is a Moorish castle occupying a commanding hilltop overlooking the historic center of the Portuguese capital and the Tagus River.
One of the oldest districts of Lisbon, and is a delightful maze of narrow cobbled streets and ancient houses, which lead up the steep hill from the Tejo Estuary to the castle.
Lisbon Cathedral, better known as Sé de Lisboa, is the oldest and most important church in the city dating back from the twelfth century.
Avenida da Liberdade
São Jorge Castle
Praça do Comércio
Momument of the Discoveries
Museum of Art and Technology
About the ride
Discover Lisbon's main historical sites and landmarks in the most comfortable way in just 4 hours. This sightseeing ride is entirely customizable, meaning that you can choose where to go and how much time to spend in each place. On the day of the tour, an English-speaking Welcome Driver will pick you up from your hotel or apartment and take you to all the top landmarks of Lisbon in a spacious and comfortable sedan. Your English-speaking driver will share his local knowledge with you as well as personal recommendations of the best things to see in Lisbon.
Your driver will take you to the stops on your itinerary that differ from famous sights like 8Jeronimos Monastery to the stunning central road like 1Avenida da Liberdade and historical sight such as 2São Jorge Castle.
These can include:
- 3Alfama, one of the oldest districts of Lisbon with beautiful old houses and many narrow streets. Here you will find the ancient castle of Lisbon, one-of-the-kind Portuguese Tram, and many viewpoints to admire the panorama of the city.
- 8Jeronimos Monastery, a magnificent religious building in Lisbon which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Locals say that it is the most well-known example of the Portuguese Late Gothic Manueline style.
- 7Belem Tower, another UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the early 16th century to watch and protect the city.
- 9Museum of Art and Technology, one of the most stunning monuments in Lisbon which remind the famous statue of Christ in Brasil. It was built in the 60's to honor the avoidance of WW2 horrors in Portugal. You will also find the famous Ponte 25 de Abril bridge there.
- There is no better way to admire the views of the city than to go to one of the miradouros in Lisbon. The so-called viewpoints spread all over the city reveal the best of the city. Miradouro da Nossa Senhora do Monte is one of the famous ones which you should not miss.
- The Águas Livres Aqueduct, an exceptional example of Portuguese architecture in the Baroque ages.
...and much more!
At the end of your sightseeing ride in Lisbon, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- Water and Snacks
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Well-maintained car with the English-speaking driver/local guide
- Other beverages and meals
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Tips and gratuities
- Official tour guide (our drivers/guides are very knowledgable about the places visited)
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive an email with more details about the sightseeing ride (your Welcome driver, and any more information you need to know regarding this experience). Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions regarding the experience.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience focuses on the local’s perspective. The drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of the visit but they cannot be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in-depth information regarding historical facts and information. If you like to include an official tour guide in the experience, please, let us know via email after the booking is completed.
What is the cancellation policy?
Any cancelation that is requested up to 24 hours prior to the operation time is entitled to a refund of 80%
In case of cancellation in less than 24 hours prior to the operation time or in case of no-show of the customer, you are not eligible for any form of refund.
In the summer months, the sun is especially strong (even on cloudy days) so we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself. Also, be sure to drink enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Lisbon
The Best of Lisbon in 2 Hours
Get the best of your time in Lisbon and discover the best parts of the city with your local driver in just 2 hours.
Lisbon by Night Tour
Fall in love with Lisbon on a personalised evening tour of its illuminated landmarks and most famous sites.
Live Fado show & Traditional Dinner with Night Tour
Enjoy a Live Fado show with traditional dinner and take a night tour in Lisbon with your personal guide. Get lost in the mournful mood of the music!