You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Admire the Herodes Atticus Odeon and the Acropolis Museum walking through Dionysiou Areopagitou street.
The three indisputable jewels of Athenian neoclassical architecture: The University of Athens, the Academy, and the National Library.
Change of Guards
The Presidential Mansion is the place to see a Changing the Guard ceremony in Athens.
The Hellenic Parliament is located in the Old Royal Palace, overlooking Constitution Square in Athens.
Change of Guards
Temple Of Zeus
About the ride
Discover Athens’ main historical sites and landmarks in just 2 hours with our Athens Highlights experience. The experience is completely customizable, so you can choose how long you wish to spend in each location as well as make extra stops if you like.
This tour can be booked separately or as an extension to your transfer. Your driver will show you around Athens before dropping you off at your accommodation or the airport.
Having picked you up, your English-speaking driver will share with you his local knowledge as well as personal recommendations in each area. Your driver will also suggest photo stops of important landmarks along the way, however, you may also choose where and for how long you wish to stop at each place.
Your driver will take you to the stops on your itinerary. These can include:
- The Panathenaic Stadium (sometimes referred to as the Old Olympic Stadium), the only stadium in the whole world built entirely out of marble.
- The Lycabettus Hill, the highest hilltop of modern Athens. Surrounded by pine trees and with a breathtaking panoramic view of the city, it is the perfect spot for a late lunch break or a quick snack before descending the hilltop.
- The City Centre, where the driver will have much local knowledge to share about the city.
- The President’s Palace, with the opportunity to watch the traditional and unique ritual of the ‘Changing of the Guards'.
- The Constitution Square (Syntagma square).
- The Athens Trilogy (Academy, University, Library of Athens), a series of 19th-century neoclassical buildings still being used in modern Athenian society.
- The Acropolis Museum, renovated in 2009, has since been referred to as one of the best museums in the world. It is internationally renowned for its unique display of Ancient Greek History, in a minimal and modern architectural setting.
At the end of your 2-hour Athens Highlights tour, your friendly Welcome Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free wifi onboard
- Fuel and Tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and Snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive an email with more details about the Athens Highlights tour, your Welcome driver, and any more information you need to know regarding this experience. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions regarding the experience.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from points of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in depth information regarding historic facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Do I need to be in a good physical shape?
The drivers are trained to adapt the experience depending on the type of participants. Whether you have kids or elders participating, the drivers know exactly how to handle special requests and provide an enjoyable experience accordingly. If you choose to be dropped off at the Acropolis, the climb up the Acropolis hill is the most physically demanding activity on the trip, so make sure you bring plenty of water with you on the way up!
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes since certain areas, such as the walk up the Acropolis Hill, may have uneven or rocky ground.
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be equipped with wet weather gear if rain is expected. Please note that religious sites require modest attire- knees and shoulders must be covered.
In the summer months, the sun is especially strong (even on cloudy days) so we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect yourself. Also, be sure to drink enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Acropolis Museum €5 per person
If you choose to be dropped off at Acropolis Hill, admission fees are:
- Acropolis Hill: €20 per person (10€ between 1st November - 31 March)
No admission fee for persons who are:
- Under 18 years of age (please bring a valid ID)
- University Students within the EU (please bring a valid Student ID)
No admission fees for anyone on the following dates:
- 6 March
- 18 April
- 18 May
- 5 June
- Every last weekend of September
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost.
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions.
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws.
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Athens
Athens by Night Tour
Fall in love with Athens on a personalized evening tour of its famous sites and illuminated landmarks.
Half-day Trip from Athens to Cape Sounion
Take a break from the city center and spend a few hours exploring the beautiful Athenian coastline, Cape Sounion and the majestic Temple of Poseidon
Half-Day Athens Sightseeing Tour with Food Tasting
The most popular Athens tour and the best way to discover the most of Athens. Includes optional Free Greek Products & Olive Oil Tasting.