You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Barcelona / Starting Point
Your Welcome driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Barcelona at a convenient time of your choice.
Dedicated to Saint Tecla, the city's cathedral was built on approximately the same site of what was once the Roman temple.
Built in the 2nd century AD and sited close to the forum of this provincial capital, the amphitheatre could house up to 15,000 spectators.
Stroll around the lively market of La Rambla Nova and get lost in the narrow streets of Tarragona.
Barcelona / Starting Point
Balco del Mediterrani
The Ferreres Aqueduct
About the ride
Your day will begin with a personal pickup by your English-speaking driver from your hotel or apartment in Barcelona. After a 100 km ride, you will reach Tarragona - the old port town of Spain, founded before the 5th century BC and widely known for the ancient Roman ruins which are spread all over the area. Unique religious buildings in the center of Tarragona attract visitors from all over the world as well.
Your half-day trip to Tarragona is a completely personal tour and you can freely adjust where to stop. However, we suggest bearing in mind some of the iconic landmarks:
- Tarragona Amphitheatre, a symbol of the ancient Rome located nearby the city where up to 13 000 people could watch the gladiator fights and the hunt of wild animals.
- Tarragona Cathedral, a religious Romanesque/Gothic style building founded in the 12th century which now contains beautiful works of art and many historic memories.
- Balco del Mediterrani, a balcony at the top of Rambla Nova, 40 meters above the sea is a place recommended by locals to admire the panoramic views of Tarragona and the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Ferreres Aqueduct, a magnificent 249 meters length ancient bridge built by Romans to supply water to the ancient city of Tarraco.
- Central Market of Tarragona, the place where every local comes to buy fresh seasonal products, as well as other goods.
Enjoy your travel to a maximum
You will be picked up by a personal driver at a convenient place and time
Enjoy your trip in a nice air-conditioned vehicle with Wi-Fi
Pick the stops and the time you spend on each one
Spend less time finding locations and waiting, and more time enjoying your travel
We hand-pick the best, friendliest and most knowledgeable drivers in the city
Our customers rate us excellent on Tripadvisor and other platforms
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi on-board
- Fuel and tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Lunch, other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities
Frequently asked questionsExpand
What happens after I book?
Once you complete your booking you will receive an email with more details about the tour, your Welcome driver, and any more information you need to know regarding this experience. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com for any specific questions regarding the experience.
Can I customize the tour based on my needs?
Of course, that is one of the main benefits of having a Welcome experience. You can customize every last bit of the experience, from places of visit to time spent per landmark to adding in an extra food stop.
Will there be an official tour guide?
An official tour guide is not included because the overall experience is centered around the driver and the local’s perspective. Although the drivers are very knowledgeable regarding the points of visit, at no point can they be compared with a licensed tour guide who can give more in-depth information regarding historical facts and information. If you would like to include an official tour guide in the experience please let us know via email after the booking is completed.
Do I need to be in a good physical shape?
The drivers are trained to adapt the experience depending on the type of participants. Whether you have kids or elders participating, the drivers know exactly how to handle special requests and provide an enjoyable experience accordingly.
In the summer months, the sun is especially strong (even on cloudy days) so we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself. Also, be sure to drink enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Comfortable Clothes & Shoes
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and good walking shoes since certain areas may have uneven or rocky ground.
Bring Your Camera
Photography is permitted in most historical sites unless otherwise mentioned.
Accessibility & Special Needs
Should anyone in your group have special needs or have advanced accessibility requirements, please specify upon booking and we will make sure to accommodate your needs and customize your tour accordingly.
Dress Modestly for Religious Monuments
When visiting religious monuments please dress modestly, or bring extra layers to cover up at that particular point of the tour.
We recommend you always keep local currency on you (euro) as many local merchants do not accept cards as payment.
Terms of serviceExpand
- Please note that the Welcome Drivers are not licensed to be your official tour guide at the local attractions and therefore will not accompany you into the sites. You may, however, hire a professional tour guide at an extra cost
- Your Welcome Driver will provide you with their local knowledge and personal recommendations between stops. Since your safety is Welcome’s top priority, please refrain from distracting the driver during demanding driving conditions
- Your Welcome Driver will drop you off and pick you up as close as possible to your stop whilst always respecting local traffic laws
Book this ride
Select a date
Other rides in Barcelona
The Best of Barcelona in 2 Hours
Discover the best landmarks and historical sights of Barcelona on a personalized tour with your local driver.
Barcelona by Night Tour
Fall in love with the City of Gaudi by visiting all its fabulously illuminated landmarks on a personalized sightseeing ride.
Half-day Sightseeing in Barcelona
Spend half a day exploring Barcelona’s most popular historical sites and landmarks, on a personalised tour with your own driver